Thursday, October 1, 2009

My Various Gods are Demanding

Yesterday, we moved our v-ball game from outside to indoors. The indoor game is quite different; much faster, higher jumping, harder hit balls (yeah, that just happened), and the playing surface has no give. Apparently the Volleyball Gods desired a sacrifice, and they got a little skin off of my left knee. Thus is the penalty I must pay.

Then the ever demanding Running Gods required I sacrifice a run. So, I attempted a 6M tempo run. I was about 30sec slow per mile, with snot as thick as Jell-O (eat that Bill Cosby…on secondhand, don’t go near it). But I had to do the run, even knowing my illness would prevent a solid effort. I’ve run through sickness before, and the Running Gods always require at least one run. There, take it. Just leave me alone come October 11, 2009.

Outside of these two activities, I’ve been sleeping, and watching movies. Nothing else, I swear.

6 comments:

Ms. V. said...

ok. now go to bed.

Jen Feeny said...

OMG you have too many gods... I'll stick to my running god and call it a day. Hope you're feeling better! Thanks for the lovely visual... YUCK!

Sun Runner said...

One must appease the Running Gods in whatever they desire, especially this close to your goal. Their requirements get increasingly bizarre, however.

Enjoy your haul of movies from Your Local Library (yay!)

Irish Cream said...

Dang, dude. Rest up and get better! I keep feeling like I maybe-sorta-kinda might be getting sick . . . and now that we're within a week, I am PRAYING that I can fight it off until after next Sunday! Be strong!! :)

Running and living said...

Rest up. You will be fine. Be thankful that you have only one more week of taper...

Nitmos said...

Wow, less than a week to go?! Time flies...

You'll be in full blown mega-recovery with a body awash in white blood cells by the time Chicago comes around.