Thursday, February 19, 2009

Rain to Snow

Last night I tried to sneak in my 7M run before the slight rain turned into snow. 34 degrees outside, but I still overdressed—the running coat was too much. Despite my promise to myself that I wouldn’t crank my first mile, and that I would keep it close to 7:25 to 7:30, I still ran a 6:53. Oh well, slow it down a bit and try to keep all of my miles below my goal of 7:30.

Finish time, 50:39. Average pace, 7:14/M. Spits: 6:53, 7:14, 7:17, 7:28, 7:30, 7:21, 6:57. Run done, snow begins. Nice.

As an aside, I was honored that the fine gentlemen over at Runner’s Lounge decided to take my question and, well…

3 comments:

Ian said...

Yeah... sorry about that. I got a little carried away, becuase let's face it a guy with the pseudonym "Vanilla" shouldn't be making fun of anyone else's chosen online identity. ;)

Sun Runner said...

It was 39 down here. Positively balmy. Too bad I couldn't take advantage of it, but you know I'm taking a sabbatical.

If I HAD decided to go running, the Most Fabulous Jacket Ever would have kept me nice and dry.

Nitmos said...

You should have heard what Vanilla said that was editted out. He's got a potty mouth.