Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Very Cold 6 Pack of Miles

Despite the blatant drinking reference, there was no alcohol consumed either before, during, or after my run, sorry Viper. But after reading Sarah’s inspiring post about running outside in negative wind-chill weather, I felt compelled to suffer a similar fate.

So I layered up extra warm, grabbed my Garmin and went boldly down a new path (although it did involve covering some similar terrain). The goal for this run was to average between a 7:10 and 7:30 mile. So I was pleased with the result, a 7:22 average. Now I just need to work on evening out my pacing, having started off with a 6:56 mile, and letting my last mile slip to a 7:32. A little less at the beginning and a little more at the end would be nice.

Tonight is speed night, comprising of 9 300m runs with 2 minute intervals. I will also have a special guest joining me, so I’ll tell you more tomorrow.

1 comment:

Sun Runner said...

Inspiring? More like a cautionary tale of "Don't, for the love of god, do this!" LOL.