Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Things I am Not Faster Than

In my life, I have outrun several things. Once in 5th grade I outran my best-friend and won the mile for my class. In high school I outran many competitors. In college I would outrun my roommates to Cruchy’s for buckets of beer, and I’ve even—while intoxicated--outran an officer of the law.

However, there are things I am assuredly not faster than. I have never outrun a cheetah. Nor have I even outrun a bear. But, in all honesty, I have never laced it up against either of these animals. But, what I have been trying to outrun was this cold.

Race over, cold wins. And now I’m left with its victory chant (cough, cough, cough) all last night and today. My loss to cold didn’t prevent me from running my three, but I dropped it down to my long run pace of 8:27 pace.

2 comments:

B. Kramer said...

Take two doses of grain alcohol and get better soon.

Amy said...

Ugh. Dangit! I have your new blog set up in my google reader, but apparently it hasn't been putting your new entries in there (or possibly I didn't set it up right or something) so I haven't read any of your posts in forever. Sorry about that.

Anyway, hope you get to feeling better!